Friday, December 31, 2010

The Guys and Dolls of Broadway: Ms. Broadway 2010

Every month, be it the first or the fifteenth, when I sit down and choose a new Mr. or Ms. Broadway of the Month, I always say to myself, "Can you believe another month has gone by already?"  Well, here we are, a full YEAR of the hottest talents on stage later, and I am naming my man and woman of the year!  Time sure does fly!

To read about Mr. Broadway 2010, click HERE.
For the first time, I am pleased to name a Ms. Broadway of the Year!

2010's Ms. Broadway seems a natural, given the exciting year of ups and downs she's had.  In 2010, she's had a series of successful concert acts, two TV series announced and nixed, a brand new and controversial Broadway musical - her first in decades, and a very successful self-titled autobiography.  All of it done with her signature flare, blunt honesty, and class.  And 2011 looks to have a lot of of the lady around, too - her debut singing with the New York City Ballet and... maybe Hello, Dolly!

Of course, I'm talking about that diva-licious, always entertaining, Broadway legend, Patti LuPone!

Ms. Broadway 2010: Patti LuPone


La LuPone!

A Classy Headshot

Patti in Concert
(Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda; Matters of the Heart;
The Gypsy in My Soul; The Lady with the Torch)




An Evita Reunion!
Ms. LuPone and Mandy Patinkin
Together in Concert





Recipient of the 2010 Sarah Siddons Society Award

Annie Get Your Gun ...

... at the Ravinia Festival

Every Legend Deserves A Memoir

Patti LuPone's first new musical in 30 years,
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown






Take that, CRITICS!

Comments?  Leave one here, email me at jkstheatrescene@yahoo.com or Tweet me!
Jeff
1.121

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...