Friday, January 10, 2014

Broadway Things That Make Me Happy: January 2014

One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to focus more on things that make me feel happy and positive.  Well, the Broadway news over past few days has had several items that make me happy.  Here's my list - feel free to add to it by emailing, commenting below or Tweeting!



  • Shows I love have recouped and are now making a profit!  This week, both The Glass Menagerie and the repertory double-bill of Twelfth Night/Richard III announced that they have made back their initial investments.  Good job!




  • Speaking of The Glass Menagerie, I am thrilled to hear that in an interview, Zachary Quinto (above, left, right) professed his love for live theatre and plans to return to Broadway!
  • And speaking of Twelfth Night, how terrific that the awesome Samuel Barnett (above, right) will be eligible for a Leading Actor Tony!  He's definitely worthy, now I hope nominating committee remembers him come spring...




  • I am so glad that Ghostlight Records will be doing the OBCR of A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.  First, they always do great CDs, and, second, I can't wait to revisit and really study the witty tunes and lyrics of Steven Lutvak and Robert L. Freedman.
  • Can't wait to see the HBO film version of The Normal Heart, announced this week to air in May.  If they come up with something even half as good as Angels in America, it will be awesome!




  • I'm thrilled that one of my favorite stage actresses, Karen Ziemba, will be joining another of my favorite stage actresses, Marin Mazzie, in Bullets Over Broadway.  It has moved up on my list of shows I can't wait to see this spring!




  • On a personal note, I am beyond happy that my first "Face of the Future" pick, Charlie Franklin, is such a huge hit with you readers!  It is the biggest hit blog (in number of hits) I've had in more than a month!  Thanks! (To see that blog, click his pic at the top right of the page!)
  • And finally, I have to admit that i am thrilled that Laura Benanti read my blog about her yesterday, and that she liked it! It's also pretty cool that she also follows me on Twitter! (To see that bog, click HERE )






Jeff
5.083

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...