Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Ms. Broadway March 2018: Tamyra Gray

I think I may be the only person in the USA who has never seen a single episode of American Idol. Though I have enjoyed many of the finalists in various Broadway shows, I'm always surprised to find out I've just seen one of the Idols.  Such is the case with Tamyra Gray, who was a stunning presence in my new favorite show, Once On This Island! I hope she continues to be a regular presence on the Main Stem.  She's building a solid resume already, replacing in Bombay Dreams, RENT and  now, Island; she was also in the National Tour of If/Then.  Her detailed, intense performance was matched by her powerhouse voice - just the kind of talent that has earned her the title, Ms. March.

A FEW FUN FACTS:
  • Birthdate: July 26
  • Birthplace: Takoma Park, Maryland
  • IBDB Credits: 4 - 3 on Broadway and 1 National Tour (My favorite: Once On This Island! She was THAT good!)
  • Her Broadway chops on American Idol: She sang "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls and "A House Is Not a Home" from the Promises, Promises revival.
  • Family: Married to Hollywood writer Sam Watters; they have one daughter
  • On Twitter: @tamyragray
American Idol:




I've seen Tamyra and Justin on Broadway.
How about you, Kelly?
Bombay Dreams:



RENT:




If/Then:





Once On This Island:











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...